Stories of fantasy and science fiction dominate today’s cultural mainstream, and illustration plays a central role in the appeal and popular acceptance of the fantasy narrative.
This show features the innovators who have given shape and substance to the world’s most imaginative kinds of storytelling, and the more than 100 works on display encompass a full range of otherworldly images—from dragons, specters and demons, to the far reaches of deep space.
Michael’s contribution to the show includes:
- THE DARK TOWER: THE LONG ROAD, artwork for Stephen King’s epic series
- WEYRWORLD for Anne McCaffrey’s iconic Pern books
- HARI, the cover art for Asimov’s seminal FOUNDATION book
- CHANUR’S HOMECOMING for the novel by CJ Cherryh
- IN A WORLD OF HER OWN, an influential personal vision used as the cover for Michael’s recent art book BEYOND SCIENCE FICTION.
Among the other artists in this highly anticipated show are Vincent DiFate, Chesley Bonestell, Frank Frazetta, Donato Giancola, Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell, plus many more..
Please join us for the Opening Reception on Friday, March 29 at 6 pm. Open to the Public, $10 donation would be appreciated.
MASTERS OF THE FANTASTIC
Mar 20 – Jun 8, 2019 Society of Illustrators 128 East 63rd Street New York, NY Map